What Is SEO & What Can It Do For My Painting Business?
When you want to find a product or service, what’s the first thing you do?
You Google it, right?
85% of consumers go straight to the internet to find local businesses.
If you have an active painting blog, you’re already one step ahead of your competitors – I’ll explain this shortly.
If you don’t have at least 50% of your clients coming from your website, you’re pretty much throwing away free leads.
Having a website alone, however, doesn’t give you the ultimate power you need to harness lead opportunities.
You need a painting blog –an active, optimized, painting blog with consistent new content each week.
And that’s where “SEO” comes in…
Using SEO (Search Engine Optimization), you can influence how your blog gets ranked in search engine results, and hence, the number of leads your business will receive from your painting blog.
Many factors affect SEO, from the little tags you add to your blog posts to your website’s speed.
Having a better understanding of factors that affect your website’s SEO and ranking on Google will help you know where to focus your efforts for the best results.
Let’s take a look at the main factors that affect your painting website’s SEO:
‘Content is king,’ you’ve probably come across this phrase numerous times, and trust me, it’s not a cliché!
Content is the primary means of attracting search engines and helping your painting business connect, inform, and engage with visitors on your site.
The higher the quality, the more relevant, and consistent, your content is, the higher it will rank in search engine result pages, thus attracting more leads to your website.
Additionally, the more engaging and valuable your content is on your site, the more likely visitors will spend more time on it and even book that estimate.
The best way to leverage content marketing is to create blog posts that are…
- Well-targeted to your target market
- Nicely formatted
- Valuable to your audience
Like most painting business owners, you might not have the time to create fresh new content every time consistently.
This is 100% understandable but don’t let this stop you from getting the job done!!
There are many content writing services out there to help keep your blogging consistent.
Our team at DYB Virtual not only provides a blog writing service, but we actually specialize in painting contractors; and we’re happy to handle this for you as you focus on the core operations of your business, as we do for many other painting contractors just like you!
The main types of content your painting business will need to focus on include blog posts and articles, daily social media content, service description posts, etc…
If you’re at that point in your business where you have free time to write blog content but aren’t sure what to write about, here’s our in depth 101 blog post ideas specifically for painting contractors.
Other than relevance, value, and formatting, another major factor you should focus on in SEO is adding in the right keywords and key-phrases.
These are essentially the relevant words and phrases that users might enter into the search engine when looking for answers to questions pertinent to your services.
Creating content with these keywords and key-phrases increases your ranking on Search Engine Results Pages little by little.
Your posting frequency also plays a significant role in increasing your search engine rankings.
How often do you update your painting blog?
Google LOVES fresh content.
Increase your ranking by…
- Writing new blog posts consistently
- Updating existing content by adding new information
- Adding statistics/case studies to existing content
*Tip – Google like pictures, bullet points, and headings*
Other factors directly affecting SEO can be loosely classified into “on-page SEO” and “off-page SEO”.
The on-page SEO factors are the elements that take place on your painting website or blog.
These are the elements you have complete control over, and they go beyond just creating blog posts.
Here is a quick look at just a few of the main on-page SEO factors you need to keep an eye on:
- Title Tag – this tells Google what your page or blog post is all about. It’s typically 70 characters or less and includes the focus keyword/phrase and your business name.
- Meta Description – this also provides a little more information to both the search engines and readers about your post and what to expect. It needs to include the focus keyword/phrase as well.
- Sub-headings – subheadings help you break down your content into smaller chunks that are easier to consume or scan through. Additionally, by including keywords in your Heading 1, Heading 2, and Heading 3, you can help search engines understand more about your content and rank it higher relevantly.
- Internal Links –These are links/URLs to other relevant pages on your website to help Google better learn about your content. For instance, if you’re explaining to your users how to book a free painting estimate, you can link them to an estimate booking page.
- Image Name and Alt Tags –we highly recommend that you use images in your posts. While at it, be sure to include a descriptive name and tag, with relevant keywords in it to boost search rankings.
When adding keywords and phrases into your blog posts, be careful not to overdo it.
Google and other search engines may penalize your blog for your attempt to use keywords too many times throughout the content, it has to flow naturally
Besides, you want to ensure that each piece of the content focuses on 1-2 keywords to archive the desired optimization impact.
Off-page SEO factors are those that you don’t have direct control over. But, you can still impact them indirectly to increase your chances of ranking high in search engines.
Some of these factors include:
- Backlinks – these are links that originate from external sources to your website.
The more links to your blog from authority websites in your industry, the higher you will rank.
Take time to build and share valuable content with other authority platforms, and link back to your painting blog.
- Social –Google constantly monitors how users are interacting with and reacting to your content.
So things like shares, comments, pins, retweets, and likes are all accounted for, and this shows Google that your content is valuable and engaging.
How does SEO help Your Painting Business?
From the above discussion, you can probably already tell how vital SEO is to your painting blog and business.
Many painting companies are investing in SEO because they understand the benefits and the fact that the return on investment is more than worth it.
Here are a few things SEO will do for your painting business:
- Improves Search Engine Ranking –this is the very first obvious benefit. By optimizing various elements as described above, your pages will rise in the Search Engine Results rankings, and you will get more visitors to your website, thus resulting in more leads and business.
- Better Conversion Rate –your primary focus is to convert the visitors that come to your painting blog into customers. The highly targeted SEO will help attract genuine visitors to your website and increase your estimate booked.
- Engagement with Your Customers –engaging your customers helps them warm up to your services and brand, and gives you more insights on how to improve your services. This is where the content marketing part of SEO comes in.
- Brand Awareness –SEO practices increase your brand’s presence and visibility on the internet, which in turn enhances your Brand awareness. Ranking high in multiple keywords and phrases is what keeps your business ‘Top of Mind’ to thousands of customers and prospects.
- Surpass Your Competition –Chances are your competitors are not taking full advantage of SEO and their painting blog. A good SEO strategy will keep you ahead of the curve by boosting your online visibility, authority, leads, lead conversion, and revenue.
SEO is an invaluable element to your painting business if you want to take full advantage of online leads opportunities.
By having a well-optimized, regularly updated, and neatly designed painting blog, you can deeply impact your Google ranking so that your website is displayed much higher on the search results page.
Putting these SEO strategies into practice will bring in the exact customers for your target market, without having to pay a lead service -which may or may not give you leads in your target market.
If you don’t have the time to search engine optimize your blog, keep it regularly updated with fresh content, and customize it for better lead conversion, our team here at DYB Virtual can help.
Have a super fantastic day, happy SEO-ing!