Painting Contractors: Here’s My 101 Blog Post Ideas
Creating a blog post that people really want to read while keeping up with SEO trends is a challenge that most painting contractors face day in and day out.
The algorithms evolve and the consumers and industry change.
Without a little help, it can be quite difficult to keep your online audience engaged…
Here’s my list of 101 Blog Post Ideas for Painting Contractors for You to Use Anytime!
I compiled this list a while ago to help our team during brainstorm sessions.
I’ve tailored this edition to the painting industry, but you’ll find most of it applicable to almost any business.
Let’s get started, shall we?
- Post Before-and-After photos of a recently completed painting projects
- Share some in-depth DIY Painting Tips
- Post general home improvement tips
- Share insightful home decorating tips
- Case studies of the hardest painting projects you’ve pulled off.
- Painting product reviews of paints, primers, brushes, painter’s ladders, etc.
- Customer reviews of your painting services
- Color tips and advice for the interior, exterior, etc.
- What have you learned, being a painter?
- Make and share a video of you and your crew painting.
- Share any recent press/media mentions
- “How to” tutorials on various painting processes
- Share tips for creating accent walls
- How do you put together an estimate?
- Transcribe a video and turn it into a blog post
- Share your unique surface prep techniques
- Cost saving tips during painting
- Painting mistakes you made and how you learned from them
- How to choose from painting contractors in your local area
- Trending colors in your local area of service
- Create a slideshow of your recent 10 completed painting projects
- Explain the importance of repainting
- How often should you repaint your home and why?
- Ask for guest posts from renowned painting bloggers in your area.
- Compare old vs. new painting techniques
- Talk about the recent training your crew attended –with pictures.
- Make a list of the software/technology you can’t live without.
- Create an eBook and give it away for free
- Write about how to maintain a paint job
- Tips on how to increase curb appeal
- Share expert opinions from industry leaders
- Kitchen painting and renovation ideas
- Compare staining vs painting
- Make a post on what to look for when hiring painting contractors
- 10 reasons to hire your painting services
- How often should one repaint their home?
- Share your Paint-it-Forward experience
- Compare DIY vs. Professional painting
- Give industry insights
- Company news on the latest developments
- Create a fact-filled infographic
- Talk about any charity work you’ve completed
- Tell a little story about your origins –how it all started
- A day in the life of painting contractors
- Answer a set of the most frequently asked questions you receive
- Provide a free template, tip sheet, checklist etc. useful to your readers
- Write a “what not to do” or biggest painting mistakes post.
- Share a personal story to inspire your readers.
- Write a recap of an event you attended.
- Go off-topic and share something in interior décor, remodeling, etc.
- Post a list of the most useful online resources
- Highlight customer stories to humanize your brand
- Make a pros and cons list for painting
- Answer a common problem your customers run into
- Create a post about myths in the painting industry
- Write cost articles for painting different areas
- Post “Benefits” articles
- Problems vs. solutions articles
- Painting ideas and ideas
- Describe how your painting service has evolved over time
- What makes you different from your competitors?
- Share a video as behind the scenes of your painting business.
- Talk about the painting industry trends.
- Describe your booking and estimate process
- Research something specific and then publish the results
- Publish and discuss results from industry experts/researchers
- Find inspirational quotes and make a post with a list of quotes.
- How customers should prepare their homes before a paint job
- Writer about interior décor in relation to paint colors
- Review your favorite paint color app
- Write about Angies list for SEO
- Publish promotion posts.
- Make contests and give free giveaway.
- Tips to improve the value of your home with paint
- Others Compete on Price. We Compete on Value (show how)
- How to paint –(pick a difficult spot or area to paint)
- Why we don’t worry about competitors
- We Asked Everyone in the Office for…
- Does ____ Matter to You?
- What we do when we’re not hard at Work
- When should you repaint your… (Kitchen cabinets, interior, stucco etc.)
- Does Anyone Really Use … Anymore?
- How to get the most from our painting services
- (X) Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started
- When not to “DIY”
- Highlight your Office, employees, etc.
- List of facts, fun things, useful tips, etc. (like this one)
- Blog series in a tutorial format
- How to correctly scrape snow off your deck without scratching the stain
- Community spotlight – talk with the owner of a business you appreciate and publish the interview.
- Hacks –have you figured out how to reduce painting hours?
- What helpful books have you read recently?
- Explain terms in the painting industry
- Share your predictions about the future of painting trends
- Repurpose your old blog posts into something new
- Review a local media publication about the painting industry
- Compile a “best of” list
- Express your own personal view an a highly debatable issue
- Describe your goals, milestones, and ambitions as a painting business
- Share some insightful, interesting or surprising statistics about the painting industry
- Talk about your licensing, insurance, awards and memberships
Well, there you have it. I hope it helps you keep up with your content creation needs and in keeping your readers engaged.
If you need any further help with blog posts, DYB Virtual can help!
We specialize in providing Virtual Assistance and blog post services to painting contractors.
Let us focus on your content, so you can focus on more important things!