9 Effective Pinterest Marketing Tips for Painting Contractors
Pinterest is a fun and colorful site which you can use to score more estimates!
It’s like a bulletin board where people share lists, how-to’s, and lots of useful information from blog posts.
Here are 9 effective Pinterest Marketing Tips for Painting Contractors:
1. Save Hashtags For The End Of Your Pinterest Post Description
When you make a Pinterest post, you will spend much of the time writing a description of what you’re posting.
Adding hashtags to your post is an important part of making posts on Pinterest – hashtags are like labels that tell you information about things.
It’s good to use 2-4 hashtags per post, which are related to your niche, like #cabinetpainting and the like.
101 Blog Post Ideas for Painting Contractors
Say, "hasta la vista" to writer's block!
Here’s a video tutorial on using hashtags with your Pinterest posts:
[Related:Pros & Cons: Facebook Business Page, Facebook Profile as Business Page, LinkedIn Business Page, Instagram Business Account, Instagram Personal Account]
2. Use Text On Top Of Your Images
Pinterest is an image heavy form of social media – almost everything you see on Pinterest is based on seeing the idea of the post.
When you want to get an idea across with words, the best way to do this is not before or after your images but over top of them.
Here’s an image about a good paint palette with information about the palette written on top.
3. Step By Step Tutorials Rule Pinterest
One of the most popular kinds of posts that gets a lot of shares and likes on Pinterest as well as other social media is the step by step tutorial.
You can use step by step tutorials to explain how people can do simple DIY projects in and around the house
The best kinds of tutorials are the ones that are heavy on images that show how to do something.
Even if not everyone is able to repeat your steps perfectly, it is likely to get quite a lot of interest.
4. Use Canva To Create Memorable Pins
As we’ve mentioned above, one of the strongest things you can feature on Pinterest is images.
Though there are programs that you can use to make good images for Pinterest, one of the easiest ways to make them is using the website Canva.
Canva is a free site that uses a “what you see is what you get” kind of approach – you drag and drop the different parts of the image that you are making.
There are some paid elements to the site but you can make great images for free.
5. Choose The Right Length Description
When you are making Pins to share, one of the most important things to remember is to write a good description.
The key to a good description is not just in what you write but in the length of the description.
An ideal length for your Pin description is about 150-300 words.
6. Use Links To Your Site In The Pin And The Description
To get people to go to your website from Pinterest, the best thing you can do is to link to it.
You’re going to want to make sure you include that link in the Pin as well as the description of the Pin so that you have a better chance of people reaching your site.
As you can see here, it’s pretty clear how to attach your link to the Pin itself:
Putting the link to your site is a little less obvious but it’s a good strategy to get more traffic to your site.
7. Schedule Your Pins
People recommend that you share Pins a few times a day — some say that five is a good number.
To get the best use out of the time that you have during the day, you should schedule the pins in advance.
On the Pinterest page, you can schedule the Pins for a future date but if you really want to get advanced with it, there are services you can use to schedule them such as Tailwind and Pingraphy.
Here’s a video tutorial on using Tailwind to schedule your Pinterest posts.
8. Look To Your Followers For Content Ideas
If you are low on ideas for your Pins, you can get some of the best ones from looking at what your followers pin.
If your followers seem to pin posts related to painting a kid’s bedroom, for example, you know that you might want to make some posts related to that as well.
9. Run Pinterest Based Contests
Contests are popular on social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, and even Pinterest.
You can run a contest that offers something like a gift card to a coffee shop your followers may like.
The idea of your contest will be to share your Pins — the more people you can get to share Pins, the more traffic you will drive to your website.
Here’s an example of one company that ran a Pinterest based contest:
1. Optimize your use of hashtags by putting them at the end of your post description. 2-8 hashtags is optimal.
2. Using text over images will help communicate your message better than separating the images from the text.
3. Get more views and shares on your pins by featuring step by step tutorials and how-to’s.
4. Use the free site, Canva, to make eye catching infographics & images that will more than likely receive a lot of shares.
5. Make sure people actually read your pin descriptions by sticking to an average of 150-300 words per Pin.
6. Get your visitors to click over to your website by including the link in the pin and the description of the pin.
7. Schedule your pins to post 3-5 times a day, don’t just post them once.
8. To get inspiration for your future pins, look at what your followers are sharing and consider posting similar pins.
9. To get more followers on your new Pinterest account, run Pinterest based contests and invite people to share your pins to enter.