Painting Contractors: 7 Ways to Improve SEO That Doesn’t Require New Content
Are you regularly writing new content for your website or blog to boost your SEO but find it’s not working well?
What if I told you that there’s more to improving your SEO than just writing new content…
Here are 7 ways to improve SEO that doesn’t require new content:
1. Take The Low Quality Content Off Your Site
Search engines rely on digital bots that crawl around the web, always in search of new pages.
When they are looking around the pages on your website, you will be punished by having your overall rank lowered when they find pages that are considered to be low quality.
Low quality content in this sense means that either there isn’t enough of it on the page itself, or search engines consider it low quality otherwise.
Here is a quick tutorial on how to determine if Google will think your page is low quality:
2. Improve Clickthrough Of High Ranking Pages
We have previously discussed how to use tools like UberSuggest to do things like finding which of your pages rank high on Google.
As good as it is to be on the first page of Google, it’s even better and maybe even more important that people click on your link.
One way to get an improved clickthrough rate is to add power words to your link so that people are drawn to click it.
You can further get better clickthrough if you have brackets used to break up longer links to get it to be easier to read.
Lastly, remember the expression ‘Brevity is the soul of wit’ and keep your link text short — if your text is over 60 characters, people may not bother looking.
3. Get Your High Ranking Pages To Load Faster
It’s great if you can get people to click on your links, but if they click through and find themselves waiting… and waiting… they may well click away before they even take a glimpse of your site.
4. Update Outdated Content To Make It Relevant
When you run a content audit on your site, you can tell pretty quickly which of your pages used to do well and then started declining in popularity.
One reason that this may be is that the relevance of the content may have gone down over time.
Giving your page a once over and reading what used to be popular, you may realize quickly what makes it out of date.
If you find it possible, update or rewrite the content on your outdated pages to get them ranking higher again.
5. Find And Repair Broken Backlinks
Another thing that the search engine spiders will find and punish your pages and site in general if the backlinks on your page are broken.
You can use tools like dead link checker to search through your site and find pages with dead links on them — and then replace them with links that are working!
6. Add Internal Links To Pages That Don’t Have Enough
Having internal links on your pages boosts your SEO, and it couldn’t be easier to get them — they’re links that are already on your site!
Having more internal links on your various pages boosts your PageRank — PageRank is an indicator of how important Google thinks your particular page is.
Having better PageRank has been shown to boost your rank with Google.
7. Add (More) Reviews And Testimonials To Your Site
A good way to get fresh content for your site without having to actually write it is to reach out to your customers and ask for reviews and testimonials.
On top of adding good content to your site, you will be showing possible customers that they can see what others have had to say about you.
Here is a guide to asking for and getting reviews for your business:
1. Get an easy boost to your page ranking by taking the low quality content off of your site.
2. Once you find the high ranking pages on your site, improve your clickthrough rate by improving the quality of the links — power words, shortened title tags, and more.
3. To keep people from wandering away from your site before it fully loads, get your high ranking pages to load faster.
4. To keep your website relevant, update any outdated content on your site.
5. Make sure that page ranking robots don’t lower your ranking by finding and repairing broken backlinks on your site.
6. To improve your page rank, add internal links to pages on site that don’t have enough of them.
7. Get content for your site that takes no effort on your part by adding (more) reviews and testimonials to your site.